Monday 21 April 2014

April Update

Well I thought now would be a good time to check in on my 2014 goals, which are here.

My main new year's resolution was Zumba. I decided to get fit and exercise so I started going to Zumba classes at my local leisure center. Since I've started I've been 3 times every week except for 4 weeks. the first week I gave myself off because I hurt my ankle. At the end of the week it was a lot better but still a bit sore. I went back for a week but it made it worse again so then I took 2 weeks off and I missed it! It was my own fault really as I was exercising in River Island fashion trainers which weren't designer for exercise at all but I've invested in some Nike ones now. And I missed 10 days when I was off work and celebrating my 30th birthday and went to Lancaster for a few days. I've done 27 hours of Zumba classes now which I think is good going.

Sticking to a good exercise routine is helping me keep on track with Weight Watchers. I've lost 7 lb so far and I'm really noticing that my clothes are fitting better and my face is looking slimmer. I've also enjoyed taking pictures of what I eat and sharing on Instagram. If you'd like to follow me on Instagram my profile is here.

I haven't been the best at updating this blog. I think I need to figure out a schedule. I've also started a new beauty blog Electric Glitter. Go check out my first entry Essie Splash of Grenadine which I have discovered a dupe for.

I think I'm making a better effort to see my friends. I still could see people more often but I'm doing my best.

I have been doing #100happydays on Facebook and on Instagram. It's been encouraging me to be positive and focus on the good things more. I have started to really like taking picutres. I started doing Project Life the week I turned 30. I have completed weeks 1 and 2. Weeks 3 and 4 still need to be done but I need to get some more ink for my printer.

As for the book count I've only read 12 so far this year so I need to get reading more or I'll struggle to reach my goal of 50 books.  I've got a few books on the go at the moment though and I go through stages of reading lots then reading less so I think I'll catch up to where I ought to be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment